Scholarships are available for entry into Years 7 to 11 in 2019
The scholarship examination will be held at PLC on Saturday 24 February 2018.
- Candidates are expected to be currently studying in the year prior to the entry level for which they are applying.
- Current PLC Year 6 girls are eligible to apply.
- Students currently attending PLC Senior School are not eligible to apply.
While ACER scholarship results and school reports/testimonials are all important in the award of Academic and General Excellence scholarships, where other factors are equal the family's financial position may be considered.
- Parents therefore should supply income information if it might be to their advantage.
- Financial information is essential for the Alexander Wright Wales Scholarship*, The Helen Hailes Memorial Scholarship and the Joan Montgomery Scholarship* which are awarded by Trustees outside the College. This information will be treated with strict confidentiality and eventually shredded.
- Evidence of co-curricular involvement, leadership, sporting activities, membership of clubs may all be taken into account. In some cases, an interview may be included.
- * Not on offer for 2019 entry
Registration will open on 14 December 2017.
ACER will send an email:
- confirming your registration
- attaching documents to print, complete and return
- providing examination day details. Please print these and keep them handy for the day. There will be no further confirmation sent to you.
It is preferred that country candidates sit the exam at PLC; however they may wish to contact ACER to make alternative arrangements. Overseas candidates, once registered will be contacted by ACER to arrange an examination venue.
A fee of $120 for each candidate covers entry for one or more of the scholarships available. ACER adds a $100 surcharge for students who sit the examination at a country centre. The fee for sitting the examination overseas is $350.
Once results are received from ACER, interviews may be arranged between during March 2018 at very short notice. Scholarship offers will be made and acceptances required within THREE days.
Individual scholarship results will be available to parents online by the end of March 2018. PLC is unable to provide feedback on music auditions.
PLEASE NOTE: All decisions relating to scholarships to the College are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Scholarship results and offers are strictly confidential and must not be shared or discussed beyond your immediate family.
All scholarship applicants and their families are strongly advised to attend a School Tour prior to sitting the exam to assist in deciding on the right school for their daughter.
Click here to view the full list of School Tours.