Music School Administrator - Temporary - Closes 29 November
The role involves IT, clerical, event management and organisational skills as well as a high level of interpersonal skills for communicating with parents, staff and students.
The Music School Administrator is ultimately responsible to the Principal, but will report to the Director of Music and work with other members of the Music Staff to ensure the smooth day-to-day running of a busy and dynamic office. A background in music or performance would be advantageous, but not essential to the position.
We would also require the successful applicant to be available for a period of handover during Term One, on a part-time basis. The hours and days can be negotiated.
- ensuring that the Music School runs efficiently
- working in close association with the Director of Music
- preparing correspondence and manage the calendar for the Director of Music
- being the first point of contact for students, parents and staff
- allocating studios to members of staff
- liaising with the Payroll Officer regarding casual staff
- liaising with parents and staff for the smooth dissemination of information
- preparing the necessary forms for students sitting examinations
- administering examinations, scholarships and external parties making use of the Music School
- ensuring that music staff have all information required to undertake their teaching – school excursion details, other school activities that affect the Music School, making sure students are aware of staff availability
- ensuring that reports adhere to the strict formatting guidelines, are completed on time and accurately and are distributed to form teachers
- proof reading all instrumental reports
- being responsible for emergency procedures and evacuation of the Music School
- liaising with the Director of Music with regard to the welfare of music staff, ensure that pastoral care is available, gifts are given
- ensuring that the staff room is well-equipped and maintained
- preparing the printed programs for the various concerts and events
- keeping accurate records of students, staff, ensembles and events undertaken by the Music School
Download the complete job description here: Music School Administrator - Temporary
How To Apply
Download and complete the application form Application for Employment, and attach your covering letter and CV, including references (optional), copies of university transcripts and the names and telephone numbers of three confidential referees, and email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 29 November.