Head of Keyboard - Closes 9 February 2018
PLC is seeking to appoint a dynamic and enthusiastic educator to the position of Head of Keyboard. The Head of Keyboard is responsible for the development and coordination of all piano teaching and accompanying at the College.
The position requires a high level of piano performance and teaching techniques. Sight-reading and excellent accompanying skills including sensitivity in working with soloists, are essential. The ability to play the organ for School Assemblies would be an advantage.
The successful candidate will be a committed, enthusiastic and passionate piano teacher with good communication skills and a broad knowledge of styles and repertoire. It is expected that the successful applicant will demonstrate a thorough understanding of the pedagogical principles of both general music education and more specifically, piano playing, accompanying and teaching. VIT registration is desirable.
- demonstrated high level of competence as an innovative Piano teacher – beginner to advanced (Diploma) level
- a professional level of proficiency in accompanying & sight reading on Piano
- demonstrated high quality teaching skills which enable students to reach their full potential
- demonstrated high level of competence as an accompanist across all instrumental areas to VCE/IB and LMusA levels
- the capacity to actively contribute to a broad range of school activities, including ensemble groups and performances
- ability to work well under pressure, particularly to be flexible and manage a number of competing demands
- commitment to a quality music program and the development/growth in student numbers learning a keyboard instrument.
- ability to develop constructive relationships with students which engender positive attitudes to learning
- ability to work collaboratively with colleagues both at the faculty level and within the structures established by the College for the coordination of student welfare and the monitoring of student progress
Download the complete job description here: Head of Keyboard
How To Apply
Download and complete the application form Application for Employment, and attach your covering letter and CV, including references (optional), copies of university transcripts and the names and telephone numbers of three confidential referees, and email to firstname.lastname@example.org or post by 9 February 2018.