Clarinet Teacher - Closes Friday 24 March 2017
PLC requires an experienced Clarinet Teacher currently for 3 hours days per week. This casual position has the potential to increase to a full day of teaching. Experience in conducting Clarinet ensembles and concert bands would be advantageous.
- hold either a Graduate or Postgraduate study of music
- demonstrate a high level of competenence as an innovative Clarinet teacer – beginner to advanced (Diploma) level
- demonstrate high quality teaching skills which enable students to reach their full potential
- have ability and experience in leading Clarinet ensembles from beginner to advanced. Good conducting skills would be advantageous
- be able to work well under pressure, be flexible and manage a number of competing demands
- demonstrate commitment to a quality music program and the development / growth in student numbers learning the Clarinet
- have the ability to develop constructive relationships with students which engender positive attitudes to learning
- show demonstrated willingness to explore the use of technology in the teaching of music
- demonstrate highly developed skills on chosen instrument (as part of the interview process, candidates will be asked to perform a short work)
- have current VIT Registration or a Working With Children Check for Employees
How To Apply
Download and complete the application form Application for Employment, and attach your covering letter and CV, including references (optional), copies of university transcripts and the names and telephone numbers of three confidential referees, and email to email@example.com or post by Monday 24 March 2017.