Caretaker - Closes 9 February
Presbyterian Ladies’ College is seeking to appoint a suitable person to assist our maintenance and caretaking team with general trades, maintenance and operational tasks. Working hours are generally 7.15am to 4.00pm with a 45 minute lunch break. These hours can vary due significant events, or high work load.
This role will also include some relief caretaking involving an early shift 6.00am to 2.45pm, or an evening shift 1.15pm to 10.00pm, from time to time (relevant allowances apply to these shifts).
This position requires general building maintenance knowledge spaning such trades as painting and carpentry. The role can also include a variety of works as directed by the Facilities Manager, or by persons appointed by them, to do such works as traffic management, event bump in and bump outs, sporting set ups etc.
The Trades / Handy Person role is to ensure that the works follow best practice standards in OH&S; that all assigned tasks are completed correctly and meet agreed standards expected for the tasks allocated. They will ensure all maintenance records are completed and lodged in the correct way to ensure accurate record keeping.
- Qualification in one of the following trades:
- Cabinet maker
- Ability to undertake more than one of these roles would be desirable
- Demonstrate at least three years’ experience in a similar position (not restricted to schools)
- Working with Children Check (WWCC) for Employees
- A team player, with a ‘can do’ attitude, with strong communication skills and the ability to work under general supervision or unsupervised and show initiative
- OH& S supervisors
- Health and safety representative
- Handling of Chemicals
- Ability to prioritise numerous tasks and proactively solve problem
- Heavy rigid licence for a manual vehicle
- Mentoring of staff and apprentices
- Use of Microsoft office and IT scheduling skills
- 5+ years relevant experience in providing maintenance services
Download the complete job description here: Caretaker
How To Apply
Download and complete the application form Application for Employment, and attach your covering letter and CV, including references (optional), copies of university transcripts and the names and telephone numbers of three confidential referees, and email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 9 February.